
Cory posted a letter (dated April 15, 2009) to us which we received Saturday, May 2, 2009! Here are some excerpts:
"So I'm getting the idea that maybe you want me to write more with the envelopes and eight pads of paper. I've received all your packages My comp & I both really enjoy each of them the latest ones were full of peanut butter cups and tons of Valentines candy from ya'll Alecia & Kersten. I've also received letters from Grandma & Grandpa Elder Blake Carter Colton Smith & one of the latest from Dad. Maybe the best things I've gotten are the cards & pictures their things I can always enjoy & always make me smile.
I'm still working on playing the guitar. I might not have learned all the Hymns on the piano but, I can play most of them on the guitar. My comp & I had interviews with President today it all went really good. I think he has alot of confidence in me as a missionary. Last week we had a ton of people to teach and a lot of success, this week has been a little bit harder. Last week we had a great car wash activity with the young men & young women. They washed the cars as we taught the owners and got lots of references.
My comp told me dad looks like the actor from Pretty Woman and Grandpa Looks like some general Authority. . . everyone here in Mexico says grandpa does. It's kinda cool being a "dad" in the Mission (I think he means the senior companion) but even more cool to someone from Peru. I get all the benefits of him already knowing Spanish like a Mexican but get to teach him the ropes of Mexico lifestyle & what not like an Elder from the States it's cool & makes me laugh especially when the "Gringo" helps the "Mexican" out at the store and the owners look at us wierd. HAHAHA Love You all tons !! ELDER Carter Stokes"
No comments:
Post a Comment