Friday, October 24, 2008

Tender Mercies

Cory sent Stephanie an e-mail that made us both shed some tears. Here is a portion of it . . .

Hey thanks steph! That was really nice of you to share your testimony with me about your knowledge and belief in an alknowing God. The way you felt that night is how I feel very often here when ppl won`t even let us in there house to share our message. It`s hard because I have traveled so far and have given so much to come here talk and help them and they don`t accept me. I`m not saying I`m Jesus in any way but I feel very much like him. He came to fulfill all the profecies and to teach and redeem the ppl but they rejected him and ended up killing him. Try to always remember Steph you are a daughter of God who loves you. He wants the best for you and has blessings set aside especially for you in your time of need or in your regular daily life. Steph I know that this church is true, i put in time to find it out for myself, I didn`t let someone tell me but I didn`t reject it either. I tell everyone that they will know this church is true if they give it a chance with an open mind and promise that they will receive many blessings.

Love you Elder Cory Jay Carter

1 comment:

Fab Five said...

What a great letter! It's so refreshing to hear that side of him. He must be a great missionary if he can relate to the Savior that way!