Monday, June 16, 2008

Tennessee Vacation



My mom and I just returned from the most wonderful trip to Nashville to visit Sharalee, Tasha, Kinzy, Emery, Kaylie, Steve and Scott. These girls are the most accommodating hostesses. They dropped everything to take us to see the sights. We enjoyed the Belle Meade Plantation, Andrew Jackson's Hermitage (fantastic, especially with the head phones to listen to each area), and the Carnton Plantation (a must see). I even purchased the book "Widow of the South" on tape and have been listening to it and find that I am enjoying it even more since I know the places they are talking especially the parts of the house! It's amazing how historical these sights are and I'm glad they have taken the time to make them a place to tour and learn. We were able to take in a night of the Country Music Fest at the LP Stadium. We listened to eight different singers (Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Keith Urban, Josh Turner, Julianne Hough, and much more) and had the seats where the breeze came through so we really enjoyed the concert. We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast at Monell's where the food is served family style and continuous. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, cheese grits, hash browns, baked apples, pancakes, fried chicken, corn pudding, and biscuits and gravy! It was all very yummy! What a fun place - you sit at a long table with your group and others to fill the table and pass the food to the left. It was great food and lots of fun! We had dinner at the Bluebird Cafe and listened to four country music artists play while we ate. That was fun since you are so close to the people playing the music. We went to church at the chapel that is right beside the Nashville Temple. Scott and Tasha had us over for dinner and Scott made wonderful omelets for each of us! Tasha had prepared a delicious fruit pizza. And, we were able to get a game of Farkle in before the night was over. We did have a star sighting while we were in Franklin at Merridee's for lunch. Tasha and Sharalee were getting the girls settled in their chairs and I looked up to see a woman with dark glasses walk by and stop close to the table to look at the girls and their babies and smile then continue on by. It was Naomi Judd! One of the most amazing things we were able to see in Tennessee were the houses Steve builds. They are absolutely stunning! Wonderful floor plans and fabulous colors and the woodworking is something to see. I loved this trip even though it was 94 degrees and humid! The country is green and has beautiful rolling hills. The magnolia trees were in bloom and I have never seen such beautiful trees! It was especially fun to watch the lightning bugs in the early evening! I think this trip will have to go in my memories as one of the best. We saw wonderful sights, and I really enjoyed the time with my mom. I will miss spending time with Kinzy as she performs spinning wheel surgery on my body and tells me when to take vitamins and to make sure to have sugar as it is good for my body. Kaylie and Emery were warming up to us even though we had turned their schedules upside down! What cute kids! Many thanks to Tasha and Sharalee for sharing their homes and time with us!!! :)

No comments: