Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Missionary Update

This is from the e-mail sent Monday, June 2, 2008:

I have one really cool story, well it´s cool to me. My comp and I had seen a man whose car had broken down or what not, we were planning on doin contacts in a different area but I told my comp to ask the man if he wanted some help. The man had said yes so my comp and I started pushing the car towards a hill where he could later coast down to where he needed to go. We pushed this car in our white shirts slacks and bags for about ten minutes before we got to the hill. My comp had asked the man if we could stop by his house another day and share a message that would bless his family. The man replied in the affirmitive. When we went to the house no one was there so we planned to visit them another time. We didn´t think they were too interested and didn´t expect much from the visit. I was on a comp exchange with our zone leader while my comp and the other zone leader went to the second app. They had answered this time but didn´t want to talk with us, however they gave a reference to a family nearby La Familia Ramirez Torrez. My comp and the other ZL contacted them and set up an app. We´ve now taught them for two and a half weeks and we are very excited and looking to their baptism date the 18th of June. It just goes to show that a small act of service though out of your way at that time can bless you in un-thought of ways later down the road. I´m always looking for opportunities to serve others and share the great news of the restored gospel with whoever is willing to listen.

1 comment:

Fab Five said...

It's the still, small voice that will lead him. It's good to know that he's listening.