This is from Monday's e-mail (June 23, 2008) Cory's punctuation and all . . .
alright this week we went on divisions after our district meeting on tuesday which is a meeting for three areas and we meet in a church of the zone leaders to talk about our progress, help we may need and learn something new to help us through our missions. I went with elder busk in my area for one day. it was kinda scary cuz I had to show hime everywhere to go and guide him and I only have been here a little more than a month. We´ve been teaching most of the same investigators and trying to find new ones. All the baptisimal dates fell through. We have two new investigators a father and son. His son has some mental challenges due to a tumor in his head but he is searchin for the truth in his life very hard at this time. His dad helps him learn and at times helps him read things. His dad is very interested in our church mostly because as a child he had always wondered about God and Jesus role in the americas after he had explained that to us we shared a scripture in 3 nephi about the other sheep that I have that are not of this fold and told him that the ancestors in mexico were the other sheep and that Jesus came to the americas he was very thrilled by it. They both came to church along with Gabino who we have tried to get him baptised. An inactive member and his free union wife and jesus. Elder canard and I Sang Joseph smith first prayer in spanish on sunday he sang the first verse solo we sang the second I sang the third, in the come thou fount tune, solo and we both sang the fourth the same as the third. It was really cool I was really nervous. I think most everyone liked it because it was something different but also because we can, unlike some of the members, sing the church hymns correctly lol it was fun. Today elder canard got his hair cut by a member. Yesterday we went to a members house for his birthday where they had tons, and tons of meet for tacos i ate alot of tacos it was really cool. His name is Esau he is 21 and is the ward missionary. Our neighbor Catolina got her mission call to VERACRUZ!!!! she is really excited we´re trying to help teach her some of the missionary things.
No comments:
Post a Comment