On Tuesday, February 23rd, Terry and I flew to Mexico City arriving there about 2:30 p.m. We were supposed to be met by a driver, but no one was there so we bought a phone card and had a gentleman help us call the numbers I had for the hotel. They sent a car (it was about 4 p.m. by this time) and we arrived at the hotel and checked in. Of course the voucher I had for the car wasn't valid with this so we had to pay for the ride. What I didn't realize was $500 pesos was an outrageous amount for that short ride. I was happy to finally be at the hotel. We called several numbers to let Cory know we had arrived. We were unable to reach him and left messages. Terry and I walk around the area by our hotel to find somewhere to eat and then get back and settled a bit. It's about 9 p.m. and Terry is ready for bed. I sat up and read for an hour and half before deciding I should get some sleep. I turned out the light and just about fell asleep when the phone rang. I answer it (Terry is startled and think it is the post office calling him to come in early) and the voice on the other end says we heard there were some Americans in a Mexican hotel. I ask if it's Cory and it is. Then I ask where he is and he tells me he is downstairs and we need to come get him and his stuff so these other Elders can get back to the mission home. Needless to say, I was up and dressed and Terry is still wondering what is going on. He says to me you can't go without me. We are on the 5th floor of the hotel and as we get to the elevator, Terry tells me to wait while he goes down the stairs. I gave him some time, then called the elevator and went to the lobby. As I walked toward the front desk I could see three young men seated on a sofa with their backs to me. I ran over in front of them and Cory stood up and I just hugged him and let go, then hugged him again. It was sooooo good to see him. We talked with the other Elders for a minute and then went out to the huge van to get Cory's things. I forgot how big his suitcases were and they were stuffed! He also had three boxes and his backpack. The doorman was surprised at all we were bringing in and the bellman who took it upstairs was even more surprised!
The room is full of suitcases now!!!!! What a wonderful day it was and just the beginning of our adventure in Mexico!
2 comments:
I'm so excited that he is home for y'all;)
That's so awesome! Two years, really, already?! Mom said that he looks really good! Like Matt Damon with a tan! :)
Post a Comment