I wrote to Cory about how his serving a mission had affected me to this point. There are many people I work with who have missionaries out and we have become quite the club. The people in our ward ask about Cory all the time and can't believe he is close to coming home. I also have a gal in our ward who has been trying to teach me Spanish each week. I have become good friends with her as well and her son left last summer for his mission in Missouri so we are always talking about our boys. Anyway, this is his email back:
(CORY)glad to hear that you've made some more and better friendships!!! Always glad to hear that i've had a good influence or effect in your life. I've seen myself grow up catch myself in nieveness learn a new language meet many new ppl and have the joy of bringing happiness into other ppl lifes. I'm glad i've made it as far as I have and set a good example for those that come after me.
(KAYLEEN) We had a neighbor from our old house pass away the first part of January and I told a little about her funeral.
(CORY) Sounds like ruth was a very treasured person to the people that surrounded her. It's good to look back on the past of those that have impacted our lives sometimes it's hard to remember things that have happened but the memories is what helps us move on in life.
Sounds like fran and Cammie are doing awesome! I really can't believe that Fran will be home so fast that is super crazy!!! (Fran and Cammie are Cory's cousins who are serving LDS missions, too. Fran is in Australia and should be home this summer and Cammie is in the MTC getting ready to go to Croatia.)
My companion Elder Robertson is 5'10 weighs 150 has read hair and ten months in the mission he is from orem utah has been in chalco and valle de chalco in two other areas his first comp or "dad" was my last comp he enjoys rock climbing. we get along rather well and are trying to get the best work done that we can. luvs
1 comment:
I can't believe that she's going to be home so soon too! It seems like Cory has been out a long time but it's gone by fast!
Post a Comment