Thursday, August 28, 2008

Missionary News

I didn't hear from Cory on Monday, but Tuesday evening we got a quick e-mail. Last week they had a conference at the Mexico City MTC with Elder Holland speaking. Catolina is a girl from the ward who was called on a mission to Vera Cruz and was in the MTC at the time of this conference.
From Cory:
The conference wednesday was great I did get the chance to see Catolina and to hear Elder Holland was great!!! I didn`t think that packages would cost so much I don`t want ya`ll spending too much money only to send me packages, however, I am very greatful to receive each and every one of them. Thank you so much mom love you. I was able to catch a few parts of the Olympics and I wish I was home to watch them. I was able to see the Jamaican and man he is fast!!!

Kayleen's note: Did you notice the third to the last sentence? Thank you and love you in one!!!! We sent out a couple of packages with American candy and some casual clothes and pictures. It only cost $24 and took three weeks to get to him! I'm hoping his next area might be close to a Wal Mart and I'll put money on his debit card to get things.

No comments: