Monday, May 26, 2008

May 26, 2008 Update from Cory

I went on divisions this week, for THREE DAYS!!! It's never been heard of! It was fun though to be with a different companion and see how he teaches. The other area is so awesome!!! The people are nice, it looks nicer, and their house is SO much nicer. I really am jealous!!lol While on the exchange with Elder Busk, we got a ton of people to come to church or to an activity on Saturday called a night of talents. We did really good and he helped show me some of the better foods around. I had some fun candy, some twinkie like things, lots of chile flavored hard candies, and this weird corn in a cup with mayo and chile powder. I didn't like it. But I do have to say that the Horchata drink here is WAY good! While with Elder Busk, I went to two houses where a member was getting baptized and had an interview with Elder Busk. It was cool to see how that works. I also got to see Elder Skaggs from my old district (at the MTC) and it turns out he is gonna be in my district here!!! So I'll have a friend that speaks English and is new! I'm glad there were finally able to make it. On Sunday we had 7 new investigators at church and 5 of them are from one family who loved church! It rained a ton last night, but this week was a great one. I really loved it!

Sounds like things are pretty crazy back home! The weather has been crazy out here. I wanted a long sleeve shirt one day and the other day I wanted to just take my shirt off. It rains about two or three times a wekk. We get the LDS newspaper (I think he means The Church News) and the Ensign so you don't have to send it to me. If you want to send packages or letters that are not pouch "regulation" send them to:

Mision Ciudad De Mexico Sur
Atencion Elder Carter
Ave. Del Taller No. 540
Col. Jardin Balbuena
Deleg. Venustiano Carranza
Mexico D.F., C.P. 15900
Mexico

No comments: