My grandma was finally reunited with her husband this morning. Her children had been taking turns caring for her at home for the last couple of months. She was 93 years old. I took a turn staying with Grandma and we reminisced about all the fun things I could remember her doing for us grandkids when we were young. She had a spook alley at her house for Halloween, an Easter Egg hunt that we always looked forward to and a small pond in her yard with goldfish. She also raised fish (guppies) to sale to Grand Central (where she worked). So many fun memories of Grandma. Mustn't forget her playing spoons with us at the holiday table! She was very competitive!!!! I'm glad her suffering is over, but there is a void that will be filled with all these fond memories. Good-bye Grandma and much love and thankfulness for all you have shared with me!Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Grandma Bodily
This is a picture of my dad, grandma, and mom the last time Grandma came to visit. This was about two years ago.
My grandma was finally reunited with her husband this morning. Her children had been taking turns caring for her at home for the last couple of months. She was 93 years old. I took a turn staying with Grandma and we reminisced about all the fun things I could remember her doing for us grandkids when we were young. She had a spook alley at her house for Halloween, an Easter Egg hunt that we always looked forward to and a small pond in her yard with goldfish. She also raised fish (guppies) to sale to Grand Central (where she worked). So many fun memories of Grandma. Mustn't forget her playing spoons with us at the holiday table! She was very competitive!!!! I'm glad her suffering is over, but there is a void that will be filled with all these fond memories. Good-bye Grandma and much love and thankfulness for all you have shared with me!
My grandma was finally reunited with her husband this morning. Her children had been taking turns caring for her at home for the last couple of months. She was 93 years old. I took a turn staying with Grandma and we reminisced about all the fun things I could remember her doing for us grandkids when we were young. She had a spook alley at her house for Halloween, an Easter Egg hunt that we always looked forward to and a small pond in her yard with goldfish. She also raised fish (guppies) to sale to Grand Central (where she worked). So many fun memories of Grandma. Mustn't forget her playing spoons with us at the holiday table! She was very competitive!!!! I'm glad her suffering is over, but there is a void that will be filled with all these fond memories. Good-bye Grandma and much love and thankfulness for all you have shared with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
See ya later Great Grandma Bodily!! We love you!!! Glad you were able to spend some time with her Mom!! I love you so much!
I am glad she is in a better place with her husband, Whitney, Caleb & any other family members. I am glad you had the opportunity to spend the time with her that you did. I am so happy we were able to see her Tuesday night even though it wasn't the best. I love you mom!! I love you Grandma Bodily.
She sure changed in those last two years! Don't forget to write down all those memories!
Post a Comment