We went to Union Square then Ghirardelli Square and Fisherman's Wharf, incluing Pier 39! Connie and I were taking the bags to the hotel after shopping at Union Square and met the rest of the girls at Pier 39. They were able to catch a trolley and we headed to to the hotel. We caught the trolley not far from our hotel, but it was only three blocks to the end of the line so we walked and walked and walked the rest of the way to Ghirardelli Square. Of course, you have to have a hot fudge sundae if you are at Ghirardelli Square, so Connie and I put our feet up and shared an amazing treat. As we proceeded down Beach Street we noticed a silver man. I'm not kidding. His face and hands were silver, his hair was silver, his clothing was silver. Even the boombox he was using was silver. There were people standing in a line to take pictures with him (for a small fee, of course). We passed on that, but noticed a guy who was inside a garbage can! He was making all kinds of noise and waving his hands. We laughed as we walked by that one, then all of a sudden this tree jumps toward Connie and she screams! Actually, it was a guy holding a huge tree limb with lots of leaves and as some unsuspecting soul walks by, he jumps up at them to scare them! Well, it worked and the people across the street cheered and clapped. Funny part of all this, I didn't jump or scream or anything. For those of you who know me at all you know I jump at the tiniest thing. Connie just kept saying, "I knew he was there. How did that happen?" She thought she should take a bow for providing their entertainment.
We did some shopping at the outlets in Vacaville and loved the Jelly Belly Store where we bought Belly Flops. The factory wasn't running on Saturday or we would have gone through to see how they are made, but we watched the video at the store. We ate at a fabulous Italian restaurant in Little Italy - "The Stinking Rose"!!! Yes, they believe in serving food with their garlic! Not a place for vampires, but the food was wonderful. We each shared our plates with each other so we tried prime rib, halibut, salmon, and a pasta dish. I would recommend this restaurant when you visit San Francisco!
Here is a picture of the restaurant. I'll post some other photos when I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment