Monday, July 21, 2008

Notes from Cory - July 21, 2008

Well My comp has just over a year in the mission and I´m reminded of it everytime someone asks him. lol He is from Nicaragua. He has more time in his mission than he had time in the church before, which really helps with investigators. Me and him really get along well and he jokes around with our neighbors too which is cool.
I´m sure you could send chocolate elder canard got Cookies and cream chocolate in his but who knows! I´ll be sure to let you know when I receive it!
Haha wow this week was crazy!!! Full of tons of emotions, When I was going around saying bye to the members with my comp i felt like crap. I think it´s mostly cuz I know i´ll have to do the same. When I took my comp to the church for Changes I felt way excited I got to see alot of my friends from the mtc. As we started our way back to our house, that´s when the real fun started!!! I was nervous with my spanish, I had a teaching assignment for my priesthood class, just a bunch of different emotions it was crazy! After the first two days I started feeling like every day was two weeks long really hard I talked to my comp, he told me that´s how it always is but in my next area that´s when the times starts to fly by. Come friday everything started to plane out, I felt better we started having more fun talking to each other, My comp spent all of his money in his old area because he didn´t think he was changing, but a member gave us some cash which helped out a ton! I guess what it comes down to is it was really hard for me at first working with a new comp, improving myself, and trying not to screw everything up, but sticking through with it with faith and demonstrating my faith through all the stuff that had been going on. In the end everything turned out just fine. I´ve gained a bigger testimony this week in having faith in our trials. kinda cool story....
How the spirit does the directing work, in missionary work. One that was really cool this week was when my comp and I were walking I out of no where got a feeling to knock a door i pointed it out from a ways a way and told my comp lets go to the white door! when we got there a guy pulled up in a taxi I told him who we were and what not and he invited us in to talk. In actuallity he is already a member he used to live in Pennsylvania and wants to go to church this sunday and wants his wife and daughter to come as well. They are all members but are having some problems, he wants to get married in the temple forever!!! it was really cool

1 comment:

Travis and Bridget Shumaker said...

yes, i remember you! :) and of course i remember breaking my arm on your tramp. ha ha.
ok, i still have one of the travel bag and one of the swirls bag. i will write you down for one of each. and if i could get an e-mail from you, we can figure details on how i am going to get those bags to you. thanks!